Friday, March 6, 2009

PARIS ---WHEN IT SIZZLES

So after what I would call a soft start , PARIS has quickly picked up the pace ........... I think I need to do this in no prticular order than I must write about OLIVIER THYESKENS /NINA RICCI......In no uncertain terms would I call this show a triumph of taste ....the collection which featured reed slim, sexy ,Mugler-esque clothes that demand and command attention on every level --my only question is what was he thinking with those uber space platform shoes ............if this is to be his last collection for NINA RICCI then it would be an unequivocal swan song that will keep Mr. Theyskens in good stead for many years to come ......BALMAIN..It all boils down to who --where --why--------oodles of sparkle......70's references(Kamali) , but I really wonder what would have happened if these clothes were not crotch grazing .............BALENCIAGA ...NICOLAS GHESQUIERE....With an extreme amount of draping and with extraordinary prowess....this was a very particular for a very particular lady with narrow hips and waist not to mention an extremely large wallet----best was a simple draped black dress worn by Chanel Iman to great advantage

No comments:

Post a Comment