Wednesday, September 23, 2009

LONDON SPRING 2010

I am going to do this one in a slightly different format as I waded through days of show waiting for something to bowl me over ..............The closest I got to that is ERDUM which I found to be exquisite--intricate--delicate and yet razor sharp .For me this is what clothes look like and this is why LVMH now owns part of it
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2010RTW-ERDEM/

All the hype around BURBERRY PRORSUM is just that ....hype. No matter how hard I try and how many seasons I look at this collection , I have yet to see what's so great ..This season was no exception as I found the collection to be heavy handed and over worked. I can only think that the reviews it garners are based strictly in proportion to their advertising dollars spent.

AQUASCUTUM---If the underpinnings were less distracting then what would have been see is a fabulous collection of "RAINWEAR"...........with some good editing this is something to watch and possibly regain its stature
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2010RTW-AQUA/

I would like to give special mention to LUELLA ,PRINGLE, MARY KATRANTZOU, SYKES, SCUTT, JOSH GOOT AND PPQ for showing collections that are certainly worth a second look

LONDON has always been the laboratory of fashion with so many young designers starting out , but I must say that there is a startling amount of shows with not much to "say".......................there were however unbelievable fabulous prints which I haven't seen in many years.............and certainly the term "ENGLISH ECCENTRIC" is well earned this season

No comments:

Post a Comment