Saturday, March 5, 2011

BALMAIN by Christophe Decarnin

This is another collection which fits into the “I don’t get it” category, but this season I do get it. Unfortunately, it seems that Mr. Decarnin had little to do with this collection due to “his unfortunate incarceration.”
At any rate I wish him well, and I think this season the collection has become more approachable, if that even applies to a collection such as this. Somehow, commercial is not on the menu here, but they need to sell clothes to stay in business and judging by the activity I have seen around these clothes at Bergdorf Goodman, I would have to say they have an audience.
I know that the clothes have been stratospherically expensive for the rock star style that Mr. Decarnin has adhered to for the collection and it appeared to me that he was a bit of a Johnny One Note. I cannot exactly say that for fall, the collection has a universal appeal, but I can say the door has been opened a bit wider which should be beneficial for the house. The dresses are still dangerously short and the pants and jackets require very thin, think skinny to emaciated, bodies but there will be more activity than when the main attraction was highly embellished jackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment