Sunday, January 13, 2013

Salvatore Ferragamo by Massimililano Giornetti ..fall 2013 men's

There is always a complication when one falls in love.  I fell in love with the body of work that belongs to Massimiliano Giornetti.  It has been about 2 years since I have become a rabid supporter of this designer with both his men’s and women’s collections for Salvatore Ferragamo.  As when one falls in love, one opens themselves up to disappointment and that is what I am with this collection.  Do not misconstrue disappointment with dislike; they are two very distinct emotions.  I am merely disappointed this season!

The disappointment here is that I was waiting for something to happen and it never did, somewhat like a lot of foreplay and then nothing!  This paean to outerwear was exquisite in its breadth and breathtaking in scale, details and proportion.  In particular, the capes were almost brilliant as they did not appear to be costumey and then there were the myriad of silhouettes.  The collection never erred from its slick, rakish and laser sharp focus.  The expansive use of reversibles and technologically advanced leathers and fabric was incredible.





With all these accolades, I was still waiting for the clothes, but alas all I got was a tease or two.  So I will chalk off this season as disappointing and hope all my expectations will be met next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment