Saturday, February 23, 2013

Emilio Pucci Milan Collections fall 2013


Welcome back Mr. Dundas!  I was a bit taken back from the pre-fall collection for obvious reasons but this is a superb was of saying you are sorry.

Fall 2013 Emilio Pucci is back to the reimagined DNA that Mr. Dundas has created.  Yes the hemlines are a bit … well not a bit... they are stratospherically hair grazingly high... somewhat like what the prices must be for some of these lovelies but that is part of this DNA.  There is a certain slickness achieved here which is pretty hard to do as these are the clothes that can tread dangerously close to sluttish and trashy!  I get this euro trash vibe but not in a bad way.... I mean young hot euro women who have the means and the body and want to show it off.  In simple parlance they are just plain HOT! Think Talitha Getty 21st century version! Or  maybe think nostalgically about Jane Birkin!

I am happy to see the return of the prints which were absent from pre-fall and there is one amazingly fabulous bugle beaded tie neck number than just screeches Pucci in the most modern way possible.  Yes, of course I love the tiger/zebra print and I love that these clothes are still delicate looking despite all the embellishments and all the “stuff” going on.  As stated, so many times, it is an art to keep the clothes looking light.  The thigh high boots add drama to these clothes as does the entirely louche way in which they are shown... the girls all have this sort of world weary fabulous look about them as if to say “yes,  so I am fabulous and what of it?”

This season more than most, I applaud those who stick to their guns and keep their brands going in the same direction in an evolutionary way rather than the revolution of what’s hot this season or will Anna and Grace like what I am doing this season.  After all, they are not in the retail business and as of the past few years they are barely in the business of showing clothes that a woman might covet as the editorials are treated more like fine art rather than the business of fashion.  The only thing they want is advertising dollars and promoting their “crush” of the moment.  Fashion seems low on the totem pole of priorities.

If nothing else here, this is a sightseeing collection... the sights are amazing and I am sure very aspirational for those who will want to wear it and very wistful for those who might have worn similar looks back in the day.  The bottom line is that this is part of what makes fashion exciting and fun for everyone.





1 comment:

  1. Hello there I am so thrilled I found your website, I really found you by error, while I was researching
    on Aol for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love
    the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it
    all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do
    keep up the fantastic jo.

    ReplyDelete