Saturday, February 16, 2013

Juan Carlos Obando London fall 2013



Obviously, I have been missing something here by not knowing about Juan Carlos Obando.  Having just shown a capsule collection in London, he demonstrates a fresh much needed injection of chic to a world of sameness.  Mr. Obando has a particular take on evening wear and that is a very slick yet relaxed and polished in the way of dressing his ladies. 

One school of thought might be that he is has a very retro eye echoing looks that were familiar to Yves St Laurent and many designers of the 70’s or one can just say  that Mr. Obando  has an impeccable color sense and wants his ladies very elegantly  dressed but with no embroideries or embellishments .. Just simple beautiful pieces that will stand out in a sea of black, of illusion tulle netting/soufflé and without any bells and whistles.






I see this as a sort of Jil Sander but not so drastically pared down to the basics and without all the blah blah blah.  I am sorry that this designer has not given us more to see but I will accept this as a teaser of great things to come I the future.  I anxiously await!

No comments:

Post a Comment