Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Carolina Herrera spring 2017 NYFW



Once again, I am falling in love with Herrera! The collection has freed itself of tricks and trend and morphed back into beautifully made clothes for discerning women of indeterminate age somewhere between their 20s and death. The collection shows beautifully as it has those rare commodities such as chic, sophistication, polish and great design without being over done or over worked.
click image to enlarge .. suggested

click image to enlarge .. suggested


Much to my surprise I even like some of the denim pieces as they are quite tasty and well thought out. The range of lengths and silhouettes befits a collection of this stature as its appeal is surely aimed at more body types and lends itself to personal sartorial preferences. I loved the black and white as well as so many other pieces whether day or evening. As I wrote I can’t even believe that there are so many pitch perfect dresses aimed at a customer who truly wants to be beautiful without the possibility of being taken for a fashion victim.
What should also be noted here I that the styling is just impeccably done from shoes on up. 
click image to enlarge .. suggested

click image to enlarge .. suggested


The vibe is fresh, classy and youthful without being cariacaturish or trendoidal in any way … nothing is forced!
click image to enlarge .. suggested

click image to enlarge .. suggested


Let’s just say if we were grading this as was done on American Bandstand, I’d give it a 90. 

No comments:

Post a Comment