Friday, September 8, 2017

Calvin Klein Spring 2018



BIGGER gun number 2!

My memory fails me to recall whose first collection was made of trash bags but no matter. I can’t seem to grasp the point of what I have seen. Yes, Simons is one of those designers who just loves the sound of his own voice and fancies himself a connoisseur and devotee of modern art which is all fine and dandy but this is a business of selling clothes not art. By the way, the resemblance to initial DNA of the brand is that most of was seen was rather simple except of course for the over designed, over tweaked and intentionally overly shocking. It’s all rather contrived to look as if “oh I just threw this on!”
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


Now let’s talk about drawstrings, zippers, hefty bags in a variety of colors, tarps, jockey silks, color blocking, cowboy boots and Warhol…. And I almost forgot spaghetti fringe or those cellophane sex toys carried as accessories. Wait and don’t forget when you buy these blankets make sure they are folded just so that the name shows ... so important so nonchalant. Maybe it is a sort of parachute chic!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


BUT I will say that the color palette which is spectral I scope ... is welcomed! I will say it nice not to see a bomber, a pair of sneakers or jogging pants.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


So in the end my opinion won’t really matter since this is round two of maximum fawning, oohing, aaahing and dampness….. How sadly pathetic.did i forget to say it all looks rather been there done that? oh well again IT'S RAF so it's fabulous

No comments:

Post a Comment