Wednesday, February 7, 2018

JOSEPH ABBOUD FALL 2018 MEN'S



I can’t think of the last time the adjective “natty” came to mind and am sure some of you don’t even have a clue what that words means but suffice it to say that in this retail fashion environment it so much  more than just a  passing compliment. 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


Abboud without question is a classicist but he is one those savvy designers who can update classics, tweak them, combine patterns and just change them enough that they look fresh, modern and... Fasten your seat belts now …. Wearable!! Ooooh my bad? I said the dirty word… wearable and not trendy or overloaded with proportional gimmicks or extra sleeves or shrunken pants or oversized jackets and shirts. So in my estimation the  general consensus will be that the collection is okay but not great when in fact it was superb… wonderfully modern and ageless. Clothes that can actually be worn by men of all ages who love fashion and yet don’t want to look like freaks when they hit the streets… oh the thought of it!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


Okay so some will say it is 50 shades of gray and I say it is 100 ways for men to look elegant, tasteful. Refined, dapper and yes natty much in the way Carry Grant once did. Some might say that Abboud is of the Ralph Lauren school of menswear but I find Abboud more in touch with the times than Lauren.
click image to enlarge


Did I like it?? No… I adored it!

No comments:

Post a Comment