Saturday, August 17, 2019

meet Emil Osmanovic Montenegro ... the reprise interview


Men’s fashion is in a state of flux where we are now hopefully looking at less streetwear and more reality based clothing. With that in mind, hopefully, we are also looking at a time when the models that we see in print and on runways will reflect the client rather than a strung out adolescent looking for a meal and a fix.
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Four years ago I met Emil and we decided to do an interview but I openly admit that maybe I should have waited until he truly blossomed into the man he is today. His facial structure and demeanor has gone from wannabe to confident and his body has gone from boy to man. With all the beefcake we see each and every day on Instagram and other sites, pay per or otherwise, I am thrilled to see someone who looks like a man and has grown in so many ways that have benefitted him and his career.  No more snapshot photography and no more unstyled haphazard images but the real deal. Perseverance does pay off! 
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
It is without question that non cookie cutter men in Europe have far greater chances of working than here in the States. In America we are searching for eternal youth which translates to young barely adolescents wearing clothing that they will likely never be able to afford or want especially if they continue to model. My opinion is that all of these issues are part of the reason why the retail experience has been so grim. What 40 year old man, earning mid 6 figures, wants to look like a left over strung out rocker wearing skin tight pants and still one more motorcycle jacket with Chelsea boots?
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Emil is one of those ageless guys who can be 20, 30, or 40 just by employing some crafty creative styling and imagination. Truth be told, casting directors need to grasp onto the client for the clothes and brand that they style since the bottom line is sales not just image.
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
It is with great pleasure that I get to see Emil as a man who has matured in the most wonderful ways possible.  So here, in his own words, is the man of the hour… Emil Osmanovic Montenegro…….

JEFFREY FELNER: Can you tell us a brief rundown of how exactly you have arrived at your present status?

EMIL MONTENEGRO: It all began when I won a “Face of Montenegro“contest at which time I knew I could be a model. I was soon photographed by prominent photographers in Montenegro, Milan, and Paris. Their photos, a good agency, and my self-promotion on social media lead to modeling jobs with Vivienne Westwood, Roberto Cavalli, Pitti Uomo in Firenze, Italian Vogue, Louis Vuitton in Dubai, Book “Emil intenso e misterioso” in Brazil, many commercials, international tv shows, music videos, covers of magazines in France, Korea, and the Balkans. In addition to modeling, I am taking voice lessons, and recording some test music, and dabbling in acting
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
JF: Can you offer any advice to those who aspire to become models? Goals...  etc?
EM: To be successful, a young person needs to have talent, persistence, a good work ethic, and discipline. They must always keep up with the times. Sometimes persistence is more important than talent. Persistent people with a little talent can be successful, but talented people without persistence will not succeed.  My responsibility on social networks is big because I am also followed by younger people … high school students. I’m one of their role models and their idol. My mission is to show them that they can do anything they want if they stay on track with desire and hard work. My Instagram is very positive. In everyday life there is a lot of stress and negative energy. I do not want to add to negativity; Positive energy is my message.
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
JF: If you could invite any 5 people to dinner who would they be and why?
EM: I like this very interesting question… I will invite my favorite singer, Lady Gaga as I admire her incredible talent as a singer, song writer, and actress. She seems like a sweet, good hearted, down to earth woman. I like those qualities. I will invite Madonna as she has great strength and power and is a wonderful humanist. My third choice is Angelina Jolie since I love her look, her intelligence, and her humanity. Princess Diana is my choice for a historical person; to me she was great in every way. Lastly, one man … The designer I have always most admired, Gianni Versace. No one has yet surpassed his unique vision and creativity. He was one of a kind
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
JF: Let’s speak of social media: do you believe that social media is an asset and why or do you think that social media has diluted the business of fashion (designers, models, photographers) and why?
EM: Social media has been an important tool for me. It has brought my image to the whole world. I have around 400,000 followers on Instagram and Facebook. I post interesting things about my work projects, my travels, my publicity, and life in Montenegro. Designers and fashion houses must have a strong social media presence to reach younger, newer audiences.

 
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
JF: If you could choose any collaboration or project who might it be with or what would it be

EM: if I could choose, I would want to do a Campaign for Versace and/or Dolce & Gabbana. I think I have the right face for those two brands. I would definitely choose to be on a fashion magazine cover with Naomi Campbell. We both have a very strong presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment