Monday, May 9, 2016

meet Chris Bradley Hager the unexpected designer





Everyone has dreams and hopefully everyone has a passion whether a profession or hobby or just life itself. There are very few who can manage to blend them together and yet combine all of it with a profession that stands on its own.

 
click image to enlarge
Chris Bradley Hager may be one of those rare breeds of human beings who has structured his life, or possibly compartmentalized it, so that there is space for dreams, passions and reality. Being a competition equestrian, a jewelry designer (Wicked Pony) of a collection is based on the “equestrian iconography” and also a full time personal trainer and gym instructor; well, talk about your bouillabaisse of talent; the man has created his own formula for goal attainment.

 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

Life is lived by those who find the ways to express themselves in the most creative of ways as well as those who follow their passions to achieve a dream by finding the means to an end. One can say it is a life well lived or a life that is powered by achievement, inspiration and aspirations. So, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Chris Bradly Hager who is living his life to the fullest and having one helluva of a good time doing it so here in his own words is Chris who will tell you all you need to know about him straight from the horse’s mouth. Oh, pun intended.

click image to enlarge


Jeffrey Felner: Can you tell us a bit about your background/roots and how the past influenced the present and future?

 Chris Bradley Hager: My background, growing up in Marlette, Michigan was showing Quarter Horses.  My parents met at my Grandpa's Quarter horse farm where my dad brought his mare to be bred to my Grandpa's stallion.  It was love at first sight and a 49 year romance. They had three kids and a lot of great horses.  I started with a white pony named Pepper and I grew up on the horse show circuit.  I eventually raised, trained and showed my own show horses.  It was a great life.  I eventually grew up and moved to New York to pursue a career as a Fitness Model and eventually Fashion Photography.  With a continued love for horses, I went back home and showed again after five years.  When I got my fix again I moved to Miami Beach to pursue the Photography and did Personal Training.  The Photography was a bit competitive but I did build a career in Fitness.  After a visit home to Michigan to see my family one Christmas after my Mom's death, I found some old riding chaps and show bridles. I brought them back to Miami Beach and decided to make bracelets out of the chaps and bridle, which got me started on my new love, jewelry design with an equine flare. 

 
click image to enlarge

JF: What is the long range plan for Wicked Pony? And how did you arrive at the name?

CBH: My long range goals for Wicked Pony are to see them in future fashion shows, fashion shoots and hopefully some day in major department stores. 

I got the name from my childhood.  I always had a love for ponies.  There was an old movie that featured a child with a British accent and her pony.  She used the phrase “Oh Bo you are so wicked."  That stuck in my head to this day and my collection became Wicked Pony.  Ponies are full attitude and they have a bit of Napoleon Syndrome.  I love them and I always will.

click image to enlarge


JF: Where do you see your brand in terms of product extension or possible collaborations in the future... in essence your wish list?

CBH: I would love to work with some amazing photographers and models and see my pieces in unique and provocative ads.  Being a former Fitness Model and Personal Trainer, I know who I want to see in my pieces and how I think they should be shot.  I worked with some great photographers in New York and I would love to work with them again, with some great models.  From the Polo field, the Cross Country jumping course to the Runways of New York, that's the dream!

click image to enlarge


JF: If you could invite any 5 people to dinner who would they be and why?

CBH: 5 people I would like to have at a dinner party would be:



David Beckham, for his style, Kelly Bensimon because she would love my jewelry with her fashion sense and lifestyle, John Legend, because he is a cool guy with a lot of swag and a beautiful voice, Chrissy Teigan because she accessorizes John so well and it's not a party without her, Paula Deen, because I know John and Krissy love friend chicken and my mother loved her. My favorite designer is Ralph Lauren for his sense of style and attitude.  He is the designer I would most like to have carry my line of jewelry.  My mom dressed me in Polo as a child and it has always been the style I can most relate to in both clothing and home.  He gets the head of the table next to Kelly.

click image to enlarge


JF: What is the best advice you ever received? From who and why?

CBH: Oprah Winfrey said to always surround yourself with people who make you better and I have found that to be truer the farther I go in life.



www.wickedponybychris.com

No comments:

Post a Comment