Saturday, March 4, 2017

Watanabe & Yamamoto PFW fall 2017



There are rare times when I can honestly say I am awed by what I see on a runway but that moment has come when I see the likes of these 2 designers. This is not about wearable, this is not even about like or dislike, this is about the astounding bodies of work that these 2 designers bring to the world of fashion as well as to the art and craft of fashion. 
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge


Having never been a designer in the truest sense, I stand in jaw dropping amazement as to how these 2, almost cultish, designers ply their  talents and show  them in a world that rarely applauds such creativity, imagination and technical prowess. 
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge


What came to mind, especially with Yamamoto is that Rick Owens should take note of a designer that evolves. Yamamoto is almost schizophrenic in the dichotomy of the presentation which ranged from the most artisanal wildly imaginative draping and origami like pieces to the starkest and most minimal of any fashion from any designer. Who does this? Who can do it? 
click image to enlarge
click image to enlarge


I admit that Watanabe is a total enigma to me but it so intrigues me. The clothes make me want to touch them and examine them and ask about how it is done and how it is possible to reproduce such incredible fashion. I cannot make that statement about 90% of what has strolled or marched down the runways anywhere this season. 


I can only say that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder but who can deny the brilliance of what these 2 designers propose as fashion …
 








No comments:

Post a Comment