Monday, May 15, 2017

Louis Vuitton .. resort 2018



Okay now don’t be shocked here but I actually found a lot of pieces that certainly sparked my interest and caught my eye. Let it be known that I am hardly a fan of the brand or the designer but I would be lying if I didn’t say that the jackets, the fabrics, the execution and some of the special effects were pretty amazing. 
click image to enlarge



Okay so it was homage to Japan, to Kansai, to Kyoto, to kabuki and a lot of Japanesey influences. Message sent and received! The tailoring was razor sharp, the star being the jackets which, reality of price aside, were quite wonderful and ... get ready…. Yes appealing and wearable! As in life, there is always an exception which occurred toward the end with the excessively padded shoulder jackets which came off looking more like an ode to Vetements rather than the intended Kansai sentimental moment of the 70s. 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge



The ombré and degradé fabrications were amazing and worked with a deft hand without question. There was also the sculptural quality which was captured in those “cap sleeved” jackets whether in leather or combinations but what totally evaded me was the dresses. Whether they are shapeless tee shirt dresses or oddly layered in tulle and lace; my issue is that no matter what ... I didn’t find them to be pretty or particularly special in any way. Then of course there are the leather pieces which remain in some ways works of art ... not necessarily in the fashion sense but in the workmanship/craftsmanship sense much like the intrecciato of Bottega Veneta. These pieces are signature Ghesquière which he has integrated into the vocabulary of Louis Vuitton. 
click image to enlarge



With all this said, the collection is certainly one that ignited my attention and it has nothing to do with salable as the prices must be astronomical but esthetically in a fashion way, there are lots of pieces that deserve more than a passing glance.
click image to enlarge



PS ... I’m not sure if I would call this resort but then again I’m not sure what season this might be

No comments:

Post a Comment