Thursday, July 5, 2018

Valentino fall 2018 haute couture


Yes, without question there will be swooning and  oohing and aaahing and wet panties galore after this collection but all I see is an amazingly spectacular display of clothes for your viewing pleasure… not to wear so much as to ogle at and be awestruck that fashion can be and is an art form.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


To me this it’s all about color, opulence, volume, ateliers, luxe fabrications and over the top “big picture” looks that will make glorious editorial pages and wonderful Instagram posts, what I don’t see is helluva lot of clothes that can be worn … well… yes there are some but mostly the “action” is in the looks that will over power any woman on any occasion. 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


No matter the references that have been regurgitated in the press releases I see Veruschka in the Vreeland years , I see Liz Taylor’s astounding floral head piece and I even see reference to the work of the late Michael Vollbracht but these allusions are to mundane for the high thinkers that designers believe they are. 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


There is no question that this is a visual orgy, a visual feast and a very suitable way to close a week of couture shows but alas … I openly admit that I don’t get it!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment