Tuesday, March 9, 2021

CHANEL fall 2021

Never in my time as a reviewer of fashion would I have thought that these words would appear in front of my eyes ... WTF were you thinking Virginie?

                                                                           click image to enlarge
                                                                              click image to enlarge

 I knew from the start that something was askew as CHANEL shows do not start with an opening of banal, generic and occasionally pretty ugly coats, not a suit in sight and sheer midriffs for Fall. It is one of the rare times I had to read the Vogue review before I wrote as I was genuinely confused and astounded by what I saw.

                                                                            click image to enlarge
                                                                             click image to enlarge

This was far from a stellar moment for the house of CHANEL; rather, to me, this was an embarrassment of monumental proportions... yes, a bit overstated but holy shit there were a lot of just plain ugly clothes shown. No need to elaborate as the choices were vast.

                                                                           click image to enlarge
                                                                           click image to enlarge

Yes, I got the ski reference but no I don’t get how you can make CHANEL look cheap, pedestrian, generic and anything but tasteful! Much of what was shown looked very H&M and Zara and in this instance that’s not a good thing!

                                                                             click image to enlarge

No matter the blah blah blah let’s just say that Chère Virginie you fucked this up in a big way that I might venture to say might shame Karl, the brand and certainly bring to light your lack of ability to take CHANEL to the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment