Saturday, October 8, 2016

LOYDFORD Spring 2017 paris



They inspired me to coin the phrase designers who design …
click image to enlarge


“making an entrance” was how Franck Ford spoke of the inspiration for the Spring 2017 collection; Sondheim said it best when he said “making my entrance with my usual flair” as do all the ladies who swear by LOYDFORD for dressing up. My take is that making an entrance is easy when the clothes silently scream LOOK AT ME without being tricked out or lit up like a Christmas tree!  Women can wear the LOYDFORD signature style tutu dress, the current accordion pleated skirts (made for spinning like a dervish) or the newly designed cowl back halter and they are almost assured of entrance making and, in some instances, exit making attention as well as sidelong envious glances. 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


The unpredictable aspect about doing seasonal collections is that these designers operate from instinct and occasionally they just happen onto a trend without realizing it or trying to jump on board with it. LOYDFORD has never been a collection that relies or focuses on trend. They are of the independent spirit variety that eschews trend at all cost. It was only by happenstance that one of their newest signatures has been gobbled up by retailers and consumers alike. 
click image to enlarge

 
click image to enlarge

LOYFORD is evolutionary, unique and distinctive as it is a constant work in progress. Both designers feel that they would prefer to offer more new styles rather than elongate the lives of their best sellers. The growth never ends but they retain their DNA no matter what. Even the color range has morphed over the seasons going from an all-black palette to the addition of ivory and a few colors and now to a full blown range of color options. During this growth process they have expanded their expertise from being strictly “lace masters” to introducing hand beading which has become a signature (totally designed by them, confined to them and engineered for their collection),   as well as a variety of fabrics and prints which make  “guest appearances” each new season. What you must keep in mind that despite the lightheartedness of design, the collection is always meticulously constructed as befits their position in the fashion hierarchy ... top tier!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


The reasoning behind all their design practices is simply so that the clothes will never grow stale when there is newness in silhouette, fabrication and embellishment season after season. One of their most potent secret weapons is that the clothes will, more than likely, outperform their “neighbors” on the retail selling floor. As the saying goes why fix what’s not broken? Apparently Loyd and Ford are not shopping for a new client every season but rather expanding their customer base with each new season’s offerings.
click image to enlarge

21 comments:

  1. I’m nevertheless learning from one, despite the fact
    that I’m looking to reach the goals. I really obviously take
    pleasure in browsing all of that is presented within your web page.Keep content articles getting.
    I actually appreciated this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's remarkable for me to have a web page, which is good in support of my experience.
    thanks admin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just desire to say your article is as astounding. The clearness to your submit is just spectacular and that i could assume you're knowledgeable in this subject.
    Fine along with your permission allow me to grasp your feed
    to stay updated with coming near near post. Thank you a million and
    please keep up the enjoyable work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic web site. A lot of helpful info here. I am sending it to a
    few buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank
    you on your sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will immediately seize your rss as I can't to find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Please let me recognize so that I may subscribe.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared
    to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they
    just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well
    as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this
    kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site.

    Reading this information So i am satisfied to convey
    that I've an incredibly good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what
    I needed. I so much for sure will make sure to do not fail to remember this web
    site and provides it a glance on a continuing basis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to find knowledgeable people in this particular topic, however, you seem like you
    know what you're talking about! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.

    It's pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are in fact wonderful ideas in regarding blogging.
    You have touched some fastidious things here. Any way keep up
    wrinting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.
    In any case I'll be subscribing in your feed and I hope you write
    once more very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good web site you have got here.. It's difficult to find high quality writing like yours these days.
    I seriously appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like it whenever people get together and share ideas.
    Great site, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to thank you for the efforts you
    have put in writing this blog. I am hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts from you in the future as well.
    In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to
    get my own site now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's actually a nice and useful piece of info.
    I am glad that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website?

    My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would
    genuinely benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read this article fully on the topic of the difference of latest and
    earlier technologies, it's remarkable article.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As the admin of this website is working, no doubt very shortly it will be famous,
    due to its quality contents.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always emailed this web site post page to all my contacts, because if like to read it afterward
    my contacts will too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Paragraph writing is also a excitement, if you know then you can write or else it is difficult to write.

    ReplyDelete