Saturday, March 3, 2018

Lutz Huelle Fall 2018



It’s not often that I would review a collection of anyone I know... Even if I have never met them... But after watching and  observing Lutz Huelle for a few years now, I felt that the time has come and I need to review his collection for fall 2018. Having been “raised” in the school of more classical fashion and being a decade’s long veteran of the fashion wars, a review of  Huelle’s work  is a new adventure for me … but the time is right. 
click image to enlarge


Yes I see the signatures of the denim jackets and all the riffs but what I don’t recall ever seeing is this level of sophistication that is present in this collection. At lack of a better word, the collection has matured, evolved and no longer looks like it is only for the trendsters. With no insult meant at all, I see a bit of Dries in here.

click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

Beautiful coats, elegant fabrics, sophisticated combinations and still the DNA of the brand is quite present. The outerwear is rather terrific as are his choices of the more classical shapes that he might use as underpinnings. I adored the red fingertip jacket the pleated padded shoulders, the riffs on the nylon bombers and of course the denim asymmetries. Also of special note was the camel  and grey colored collage coats with metallic quilting and the brocade pants … very slick, very urbane and has a very modern take on chic. There was also one zip front coat which was simple at first glance and then exquisitely detailed with intricate seeming and darts upon closer examination… it is important to keep in mind that clothes such as Huelle’s are deceptively simple.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


At any rate it was a great surprise and pleasure to be able to finally write and actually “verbalize” my observations after such a long time of being a spectator. I look forward to watching this collection in its continuing evolution more as I think this might be a turning point for Lutz Huelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment