Tuesday, January 9, 2018

London men's fall 2018



Maybe I’m getting too old to try to assess what is shown here but I keep saying to myself that “the shit still has to sell in order to be in business.” 
click image to enlarge


Keeping that in mind, I ask myself who is this customer? Who wants to look like this? Who is not in fear of being shot on the street wearing any of this?
Where exactly do you wear this? And why?
click image to enlarge


 Then my mind strays to what is review worthy… not by me but for the so called “important” fashion media platforms? 
click image to enlarge


How many reviews can simply be vomiting back press releases which the reviewer has no clue as to their meaning? 
click image to enlarge


If London is the fashion laboratory then is there a deranged scientist experimenting in it to find the bomb that will wipe out fashion?
click image to enlarge


What sets this apart from design school projects in terms of content? Is there really an aspirational customer panting to own this?
click image to enlarge


Has the entire fashion business been targeted at 20 somethings with no style?
And there you have it… feel free to explain any and all of this to me!
click image to enlarge


**** hidden in the cacophony of it all …. there is a series of reed thin black jackets and suits that are perfectly fabulous if you don’t have an ounce of extra flesh on you**********************

No comments:

Post a Comment