Tuesday, February 16, 2010

NY FALL 2010 .... DONNA, CAROLINA & ZAC






DONNA KARAN
When faced with the fact that this was the 25th anniversary of the Donna Karan business, I can only say so what. 25 years ago we witnessed a defining moment in fashion and this week we saw just a better collection than most of the last ones but certainly now what DK was about 25 years ago. I found this collection to be far more appealing than so many of the past ones where all the intellect/inspiration/words never lived up to the product...........but here we see a truer Donna without so many drapes and flyaways.............just clean beautiful shapes in beautiful fabrics.
CAROLINA HERRERA
If I had to find an inspiration here I would say that Mrs. Herrera has more than tipped her hat to Mr. Blass and his dames. These clothes are for those ladies, some young some old but all with lots of style and big bank accounts. Even the models looked so sophisticated and chic in comparison to so much we have seen during these shows. It's good to know that some things don't change ............expensive clothes should look the part.
ZAC POSEN
At a time when the consumer is having some serious thoughts of what should I buy,is it it too expensive, will I wear it more than once.............this collection answers all those questions with a resounding NO, YES and NO!!!! I find it exceeding difficult to find a reason for these clothes..........if I had to describe them I would have to say the collection looks like a school project that interprets 80's Ungaro moment

No comments:

Post a Comment