Sunday, February 21, 2010

RALPH, MARCHESA, BADGLEY MISCHKA, THE ROW, DENNIS BASSO






RALPH LAUREN
While I am usually a fierce fan of this collection, I am sorry to say that this season's offering left me cold. I can't say that that I didn't like it but I can say I was expecting something a bit more exciting,the dark ground floral prints with dark accessories didn't leave room for any of the usual Ralph flourishes.
MARCHESA
Besides the spectacular dresses, it was brought to my attention that these pieces are all made in NEW YORK CITY...............and that is pretty impressive given these times. Each dress/gown is an individual work of art when you examine it. I am duly impressed that the collection has become such an important collection with such a limited amount of time. I am thinking that there are so few companies who want to just do what they do best ................and in this instance it is most definitely beautifully made gowns(long and short).
BADGLEY MISCHKA
The guys showed a knock collection of gowns and plenty of short dresses for their loyal clientele as well as some more rock n roll looks which made for an expansive total collection...............and by the way i am happy to say that the models wore hose !!!!!!
THE ROW
The Olsen girls have certainly garnered good reviews for their collections as well as their sell thrus at retail. They have a quirky and yet sophisticated look that seems to register with the consumer...............simple and black. BUT WHY did they choose to show these dark looks with sandals.
DENNIS BASSO
Let the fur fly and boy oh boy the fur was great..........he clearly went back to his roots as a furrier and let the clothes play a supporting role to the stars. the clothes were a perfect complement but the leading ladies were the fur pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment