Saturday, May 25, 2013

Burberry Prorsum Resort 2014


RESORT 2014

Christopher…. Okay then, if you insist...Chris…

Just wanted to drop you a note about the latest collection; I know this will come as a great shock to you but I liked it.  This, you know, sounds like a ringing endorsement or a rave review when you consider I never quite understand what all the fuss is about when it comes to your collections.

Since I know you are breathlessly waiting for my comments... by the way, rightfully so if I do say so myself... but I digress, the collection as a collection is really all about pieces despite a possible theme or cohesiveness.  The colors were quite divine and you may have even succeeded in having me like all the shades of green you used from pale to moss.  Even though you seemed to get a little carried away with all that lace and Moorish see through and translucency, there were some beautiful pieces.  Even that mossy green lace dress caught my eye... but them again one can only imagine the staggering price tag.

Anyway, Chris, I just loved those encrusted and embellished skirts, less crazy about the generic pieces you tossed in, sorry you felt compelled to use the Prada-esque/Lanvin-esque big stone embellishments but KUDOS to you on that new take of the elbow patch sweater  … well, no matter however  impractical.   I suppose my biggest shock was that you actually produced a crop of beautiful dresses which didn’t seem to be forced.

The bottom line Chris is that you did good! So happy I decided to attend at the last minute. Usually I get fidgety watching all that stuff parade down the catwalk, all the time really disliking it or more to the point hating it and finding it all so incomprehensible… well except for the outerwear.

So chap, let’s do a fish and chips din real soon like the old days or maybe a tea at the Connaught... tata... cheerio... see ya soon

Me...

P.S.  next time lose that pale pink ratty jacket.. so not pretty!






No comments:

Post a Comment