Monday, October 5, 2015

Alexander McQueen Spring 2016 PFW



I know you thought I expired or ran out of steam when in fact it was just a case of running out of ways to say that the clothes that have been paraded down the runways of Paris are not what I was hoping for and that was. ..  Fashion. Let me explain, you know clothes that are well designed, possibly wearable, seemingly with purpose, exquisitely and most certainly not absurd confections of boob baring transparency or presentations filled with theatrics hoping to distract from the tedium of the collections shown. Clothes that actually reflect the brand’s name and the season which this time happens to be Spring.
 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

Alexander McQueen for Spring 2016 awakened me from my fashion coma simply because it is a collection that exemplifies many of the precepts that have been set down for decades by all those who preceded. By that I mean that Sarah Burton massages the DNA of its eponymous designer and expands the vocabulary with astounding skills. This is a collection that mesmerizes me with its beyond the pale workmanship, fabrics, design, couture-like embroideries and embellishments. This is a collection that restores the fantasy of fashion that was evoked in fashion’s glory days. Burton is innovative, wildly imaginative and head and shoulders above so many of her so called peers. YES ... she is a designer who designs!
 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

So contrary to my usual comments, I really don’t care where or why or if anyone can wear any of it because it is just that jaw dropping to see it and examine it in terms of its elements, components and how they have been assembled to prolong the image and the brand in its truest sense. Practicality be damned when you can witness extraordinary clothes that truly do inspire and clothes that live up to some of the greatest designers of the past.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

Lastly, I let the pundits try to explain it all via the regurgitation of a press release and with their usual lack of knowledge. I just call it the way I see it and how I see it is that the brand and its designer stand at the top with so very few who have shown their piles of cloth over the past month.

No comments:

Post a Comment