Monday, September 21, 2020

SIMONE ROCHA Spring 2021

 I know it’s an acquired taste. I know the brand has a sort of cult-like following. I know she is always singled out but what I don’t know is WHY!

                                                                          click image to enlarge

My conundrum comes from do women want to look like they are wearing demented doll costumes or school projects? Do women want to be pointed at in the street as fashion freaks? I am flummoxed! They all look like they might  come from Lynn Yaeger’s closet.


                                                                          click image to enlarge                      

Lastly please explain to me that given our present international “situation” what’s the point of point of clothes that look like this… where is one wearing them and what exactly are, they appropriate for? Maybe if you add a mask that completes the total outrageousness of it all.


                                                                            click image to enlarge

And one more time, making all these esoteric historical references used as reasons for design just doesn’t cut it especially now! Someone might have to explain all this to me as to why women want to spend over $1000 to look like this. Personally, they look like terribly oversized disproportionate renditions from “dolly” dress department from Lane Bryant!


                                                                         click image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment