Friday, September 28, 2018

Alexandre Vauthier spring 2019


While Vaccarello and Rousteing are flooding their runways with dozens of exits Alexandre Vauthier cuts right to the chase and states “ I make hot sexy  clothes” and he says it unapologetically and tersely and even more to the point he has the goods to back it up... thank you Jesus!
click image to enlarge

Vauthier has a signature and he evolves and morphs that signature season after season. This time around I was sort of surprised to see the second skin dresses but then again what can possibly be sexier….not that this is discreetly sexy, this is scream out loud sexy and look at me and how hot I am. 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge
Personally I am not a lover of those buccaneer type boots but he has made them a signature of his and they are copied on many a runway this season. I’m a sucker for the tailored pieces as well as his signature draped tart dresses. This season I fell in love with that little “harem hemmed” tailleur which was so incredibly slick and yet it reminded me of classic runway ensembles of times gone by… in a very good way the evolution of a look. I’d have to say there was a nod to Monsieur St. Laurent and I say that admiringly. There is a purity and simplicity to his work that is unmistakably chic as well.
click image to enlarge
Like him or not, he is a man who stands up for his brand and perpetuates his style and look year after year and I tip my hat to his consistency in these times where most designers are shopping for new clientele season after season.

No comments:

Post a Comment