Monday, September 17, 2018

DELPOZO SPRING 2019


Well, this is certainly not at all what I was expecting from Josep Font and yet there is something that appeals to me on an alien level ... alien because generally I am not a lover of many of these silhouettes but someway somehow Font has created pieces so gossamer, so ethereal that they appear as almost weightless as if a cloud was enveloping the model.
click image to enlarge
 
 What I took into account here is firstly, this is spring and if I had to hazard a guess, I’d say that Delpozo is much more of fall collection given its penchant for rigid lines, geometry and severe construction. Yes, some of it is evident here but it is those so soft pieces that intrigue me the most. 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


 I felt that many of the pant looks fell flat and that the orchid like head pieces were unnecessary as they were extremely distracting but what is so incredible is that there are so many wearable pieces here. For spring, the appeal is broadened especially with this new softness and the lack of usual esoteric design that the brand is so famous for. 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

 The georgettes seem to positively to float as well as this delicateness that comes across in so many pieces... I think what threw me off as well were some of the very heavy looking garnet pieces with sort of reptilian ruffles as well as the prints. I rarely associate prints when it comes to this brand. Another conundrum comes with the heavily brocaded and embellished pieces which looked more fall or holiday than spring yet embraced the Delpozo esthetic.
click image to enlarge


 Given the seemingly never ending stream of clothes we have seen in less than 2 weeks, Delpozo still stands on its own. The quality is impeccable and whether or not ones likes the collection you must admit it is designed, it is true to itself and it surely is not chasing any trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment