Friday, September 28, 2018

BALMAIN spring 2019


So the horse finally died (outrageously sexy)  and I guess shot since this collection is rife with WTF looks that bear no resemblance to what once was when Rousteing started. I see Grace Jones, Kansai Yamamoto, and some Hedi thrown into the mix and then all bets are off. Talk about snow blind and forced! AND My eyes!! My eyes!!!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

According to what I've seen,  the antidote to what was a get laid look is a jillion dollar beaded jacket with pagoda shoulders worn with tatty jeans. An original thought n’est ce-pas? I see a whole lot of trying too hard to take this collection in another direction but sadly the direction is outer space and beyond. I might even venture to say that the collection has no meaning,  no purpose and really no point of view  except exhibitionism and stage costumes. I always  believed that Rousteing had talent that was untapped which I assume he still possesses and has the wrong person whispering in his ear.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

I’m not sure what this was or what it was meant to be but if he thinks that the Hadid girls and the Kardashian clan are his customers then I hope he has a cache of them who will spend big bucks to look like who did it and ran; the aforementioned girls get theirs for free so who exactly can wear this and afford it and why?
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment