Sunday, September 30, 2018

THOM BROWNE spring 2019


I have absolutely not even the vaguest idea of what I just saw but I can tell you that I was mesmerized, astounded, hypnotized and incredulous by what was paraded out in front of my eyes. I can’t offer any critique as I don’t think there is a suitable one to proffer. 
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE


Yes I know there were few if any pieces to really wear as shown but any lover of the art and craft of fashion has to be slack jawed by the most amazingly  precise workmanship we have seen and by the demented mind of this mad scientist of fashion. Yes there was the iconography of spring/summer but never in a jillion years could you conceive of how it was shown. No detail left untouched!
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE



Esthetically he proves that fashion is an art form as to what is or is not wearable would be determined in the showroom... I cannot even fathom but my eyes were glued, I wanted to touch, I wanted to examine, I wanted to feel these clothes, I wanted to stare which is so much more than I can say about 90-95% of what we have all seen for almost a month now. It is called EXCITEMENT!!
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE



I tip my hat to him and to Zegna for having the foresight to invest in what might possibly be the most creative collection and maybe genius of fashion that has come along in quite some time.
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE



WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment