Sunday, September 23, 2018

Giorgio Armani spring 2019


I think this might be the first time that I utter less than laudable praise on this collection but frankly, with few exceptions, this was one long drawn out yawn.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

Yes, I loved that color progression that went from pale and built to stronger then back to pale but the collection looked repetitive and worse yet it looked old as in signora old. To me the strength was in the jackets and of course we know Mr. Armani  has a penchant for some tricked out skirts and pants which certainly made a showing here. What was beautiful was that the clothes looked diaphanous and weightless but he went a little over the top with these cellophane looks which kept popping up throughout the show.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


 For me, there was little to no excitement here and what’s worse is that this show, in particular, shows best when in movement and falls rather flat when “caught in the moment.” Every designer, even the greats, can have a misstep and in my opinion this was one of his bigger ones...as said the palette was delicate and pale but it never reached the crescendo that was expected and the same goes for the clothes. In another rarity, I’d say that a lot of the clothes were over designed or over worked. lest we forget the hair .. which should be forgotten .. the usual slick of the collection was lost.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


It saddens me greatly to be disappointed in the fact that I always place my money on Armani for being a stand out and this season he is much more one of the flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment