Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Jacquemus fall 2018 PARIS



Okay…. yes it is eye appealing... great palette... loads of asymmetry , swathing,  draping, “U” slits, folding, a variety of lengths, harem hems, thong looking hose, caftans and  billowing dresses, second skin knits passing by and of course the “Balenciaga” hat!
click image to enlarge


Maybe a touch of editing might have been beneficial since there were lots of repeats  or versions of … I can’t say I didn’t like it … I can’t say I loved it  … so maybe it’s best to say Jacquemus is intriguing. I return each season and each season I am never quite sure … this season the collection is either growing on me  or there is so much shit out  there that this suddenly looks good or in fact there is something untapped here that hasn’t yet fully reached its maturity.
click image to enlarge


I actually did like and came close to loving the more tailored pieces … crisp without looking rigid and scary as it may be to some ... they looked wearable. Maybe it’s the overkill of ruching and draping and gathering and all those dressmaker peculiarities/idiosyncrasies that are throwing me or maybe it is simply that a smaller collection would have been far more of an asset in getting his message across.
click image to enlarge


There was an odd familiarity in much of it and again I’m not sure if it’s a case of been there done that or if I simply recall past collections from this designer. There is also this issue about not really being sure what season one is looking at which can work to one’s advantage and then again it might also work against you.
click image to enlarge


At any rate Jacquemus is really not a bad way to kick off Paris considering that Mariameatballdior will be on his heels later today or tomorrow which we know beforehand is destined to be one more disaster to add to her lengthening resume of fashion don’ts. 
click image to enlarge


One last thing... the models actually looked happy wearing these clothes which is a HUGE plus given the robotic somnambulistic death marches that usually take place on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment