Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Maison Margiela Fall 2018



Rarely if ever have I dared to write about this collection but there is something about Maison Margiela that struck a nerve this season. Beneath the shock and awe, the clear plastic and the almost overly absurd styling were some incredible coats and jackets, even a dress or 2 and a few pieces of knitwear. There was one piece of “styling” or accessory though that was unbelievably amazing and that was the “boned corset backpack” … you figure it out.

click image to enlarge

 

Most of course will never recall the names of Anne Marie Tatterachi or John Ashpool but those brilliant prescient designers of the time came to mind. I was especially intrigued by what I will call the “sound wave” coats and jackets as well as the trenches; one particularly amazing degradé milles feuilles lace chemise that may have looked somewhat clownish at first glance and then upon closer examination is rather exquisite. There were also some color blocked blazers and coats that captured my attention as it was not color blocking as normally envision it. 

click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

 

Maybe I’m fashion feeble or phobic or past the shock value segment or the overly ridiculous styling purposely used to distract from the clothes and only inspire incredulity. For some reason I saw past it all this season. Keep in mind I am not much on backstory or inspiration so I tend to look at clothes literally at face value.

click image to enlarge

 

Need I say that the backless cost, the finale, was sheer and utterly brilliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment