Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Giorgio Armani spring 2020


Well, I  can’t say I loved it … I can’t say I hated it, but I can say I  found this collection  very intriguing by Armani standards. Yes, the collection is very soft for the most part with few exceptions and OMG yes, he’s got the blues but that’s not surprising given the season!
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
What is so interesting to me is that I see this collection as skewing younger and much more of that sprezzatura feeling rather than that usual perfectly  put together  look that he is so famous for. This collection is also oddly “print and pattern-centric” which again is out of character for Armani… especially in men’s.
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
The casting as always is just perfect and what is so confusing to me is what do I see in his “cabana suit” as chic and while others as retro trashy and repellant? Of course  tons of linen and pin stripes and a wide variety of  jackets shapes while basically the pants remain mostly soft  and again in a multitude of possibilities.
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Spring is the season where one does lighten up and I can say it is a pleasure to see a collection that actually looks like the season it’s supposed to be. I think much more than usual there are lots of “itemy” pieces such as the vests and the wide variety of jackets and even an array of shorts.
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
 Since these clothes are extravagantly expensive and since there is a devoted and loyal Armani customer, I am sure they may not be knocking down the doors for it but it’s a winner in the long run in that the DNA is all there and there is no mistaking who designed this collection as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment