Monday, January 25, 2021

BRIONI FALL 2021

 Here is a heritage brand that has set the gold standard for men’s suitings for decades.  It is only recently they have branched out into sportier looks and in my mind’s eye, this season in particular, is what rich men wear when they are not in the executive suite.

                                                                             click image to enlarge

                                                                             click image to enlarge

It's slick, chic, conservative with a dash of trend and fashion and in fact if one is an heir to some kind of fortune, it’s ageless. In my opinion it’s not trying to be anything other than what they have always been and that is clothes for men of a certain station in life. This is, to me, what Hermes should have looked like instead of injecting too much fashion into a heritage brand that has always stood for discretion and not like look at me I’m wearing Hermes, unless of course you wear the H belt and shoes.


                                                                           click image to enlarge

                                                                              click image to enlarge

Norbett Strumpf reinforces my faith that there are still some designers who actually understand who they design for... I will give them a pass on the gold suit but as a whole I think it’s rather exquisitely rendered and besides they won’t rely on these clothes hit their sales goals but I can say I do believe it is a growth category if they continue on this path. Add to that the pitch perfect styling in total!


                                                                              click image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment