Friday, February 3, 2017

John Varvatos NYFW fall 2017



When the man burst upon the fashion stage, I was all over the clothes. I thought they were just perfect and then as so many designers do, he sort of veered away from his original esthetic and went rocker... hook, line and sinker… hence he lost me but I kept watching.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


With Fall 2017 I am back in the fold. I am a fan again... if it lasts who knows but hell the clothes are pretty freakin great albeit you better be reed and wafer slim to wear them. Varvatos has always been about black and its cousins but this season there is a lighter hand, a great deal of subtle variations in shades and textures and it all sure do look mighty good to me! To those who actually do know me … ya the leopard/ animal print is an all-time favorite and for me a classic; Varvatos tackles it with great aplomb whether in shirtings, outerwear and even fur as in jackets and accessories including shoes. In my eyes, he hits all the right notes to qualify him as a true designer with a vision of his customer not to mention an eye to attracting new ones.
click image to enlarge


As far as I am concerned there were no missteps other than he might have considered a slightly more relaxed fit  rather than the solely slim fits. The real beauty of the collection was in jackets, whether blazers or outerwear or even the sweater jackets. Again, not for those who carry a little extra girth as once again they are razor sharp, slick, trim and hot! Best of all is that one can actually imagine men wearing these clothes and by that I mean, if the fashionable actually got dressed every day and wore them on the street.
click image to enlarge


At any rate my attention has been caught and as always I wait for the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment