Friday, June 8, 2018

Monse resort 2019


Fernando Garcia and Laura Kim achieved something that seems as rare as hen’s teeth in the world of fashion these days … they delivered a collection that made you SMILE ... well, it didn’t hurt that the model actually looked happy wearing the clothes!!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


As  change of pace during this seemingly endless season, the team also managed to propose a collection that looks like what it is supposed to be … RESORT! Shocking as that may be, there is a travel/resort/spring like/approachable quality to the clothes. While I am not usually attracted to cut up/slice & dice /overly trendy fashion, I was oddly attracted to the grouping as a whole. Their logomania was restrained by fashion collection standards and they showed clothes that can actually be worn by human beings and not just on a printed page which is another thing that seems to be lost on so many of their peers.  The dirty word salable comes to mind!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge


Most appealing to me was the graphic quality and the straightforward colorations which emphasized the ease of the collection. It’s rare that I am not sure how to describe what I see but what I see I find very appealing and inviting on many levels.Imagine... clothes that don't require blah blah blah
click image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment