Monday, June 18, 2018

PRADA (mens) spring 2019


Ms. Prada (Miuccia Mescaline) said she was hoping this season’s iteration of Prada man would be “elegant but in a young new way.” Her delusional fashion manifesto continues…. 
click image to enlarge


I want to know what she was drinking when she said that and what drug she took when she unleashed this collection. After watching this show I kept saying to myself... I know  everyone is just going to goo  and gaah and ooh and wet their pants over it but I kept think where is the WOW……………… the answer is simply there was none and no matter how you spin it or regurgitate her words .. These was clothes for the sake of clothes
click image to enlarge


Puffed up trapper hats, trainers, hot pants, loud prints (speaking of ... think Peter Max not this crap) and Sperry topsiders do not make this a collection that is supposed to be psychedelically inspired. It makes for a whole lot of blah blab blah which so typical any Prada show... all talk...  oh yeah before I forget... turtleneck and wintry colors certainly evoke Spring.
click image to enlarge


I’m sure that those who can afford this will be rushing out to own and wear hot pants and turtlenecks with blazers that look like they came from a thrift store or from Members Only. Fashion victims will have a field day trying to replicate these supposedly fab hot new looks. Somehow having lived through that era, I don’t recall the clothes being quite so pedestrian or boring. Yes, they were shocking but where’s the shock and awe here.
click image to enlarge


Back to the start ... Where the fuck is the elegance she speaks of ... Someone smarter than I needs to tell me  sow me or explain to me where and what points to any elegance of any kind. I know!! Must have been a blazer with hot pants!!  
click image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment