Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Alexis Mabille haute couture spring 2019


Here’s the thing… I am always looking at his collection and I first fell in love with what he does when he was the “bow king” and they were perfection whether in cotton or in taffeta. For me he is rarely consistent enough in ready to wear but I always look because I wait to see if he can strike that moment when he first caught my eye… And yeah the bow is back in force!!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge
There is something retro about his work yet there is a freshness and an originality that draws me in. to me he is both a young couture client as well as a jolie madame and that’s a good thing. I like that maybe pieces have pockets and I tend to think that’s a throwback to my mother who just loved when he gowns had pockets… in a way it gives the clothes a casual easy to wear aura. There’s something very YSL. Balenciaga and something very Christian Dior here as well as Mabille’s individual definition of haute couture and to be honest it’s very refreshing… even if there ae some major clunkers but they are everywhere in every collection and some where they make up the majority of the collection!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge
Yes, some of it is a tad over the top and sort of silly but for the most part you have a beautiful collection in beautiful colors with enough silhouettes to satisfy a wide span of ages and preferences; yes there are some high drama moments but then again that’s part of what couture is all about in its truest sense not circus get ups!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment