Monday, January 14, 2019

Fendi men’s fall 2019


Here’s the deal... maybe it’s in comparison to everything else that has been shown so far but I can at least say the collection is actually designed, there are unusual and interesting fabrications, the color palette is certainly pleasing and yes there are clothes that are positively wearable for men of every age… the horror!!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge
Fendi is well known for their leathers and furs but there is a tailoring aspect to the collection that is madly appealing along with some standalone knits and those fabrics … there is no getting away from that almost metallic gloss/sheen that the cloth emits. I’d be reasonably sure it isn’t organza but rather some synthetic or at least some wool interwoven with some synthetic that gives it that metallic look.
click image to enlarge
Even though Karl supposedly had a hand in this there was that relaxed almost sweat pant like bottom despite his comments about such clothes. I like the bicolor or color block leathers and of course I’m a fan of the notched/shawl lapel jackets. It is fashion done tastefully without all the bells and whistles and Technicolor puffers we have been seeing. 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge
Of course there is the expected Lagerfeld cartoonish fur and there are also some very tasteful fur jackets and leathers that will no doubt offend PETA but will please the “fashion eye.” I have mixed feelings about the contrast pocket pants but I do love the triple stripe tuxedo striping down the legs. It’s interesting to actually see clothes that require a second look and consideration as well as a time to process and decide what one does or does not like about them.
click image to enlarge
I’m not sure if the collection is marketed in any stores other than their own but for me this collection hits many top notes that I think most will agree on. What the paid fashion pundits will say is not of my concern but I’m betting they will give it a lukewarm reception only because Karl is involved which is sad because it deserves wider praise and recognition other than that Karl has some input.

No comments:

Post a Comment