Saturday, January 19, 2019

Dior men’s 2019 fall


To be honest I had to read a review not so much for opinion but for explanation of what I saw. Firstly, the conveyor belt was in a way genius but in a way startling in that one might take it as a reference to clothes churned out in vast numbers as in mass production just because they are clothes… maybe it’s a bit of METROPLOIS.
click image to enlarge
Tailoring is key here but what really shook me is that the show in my opinion was so over styled that you really couldn’t see what was right in from of you from the “sleeves that encased the hems of the pants to the “name tags” that read Dior like a worker in a department store!
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge
The over the elbow S&M gloves threw me as did the “gilets” and the zipped kangaroo pockets slapped on the front of other pieces. The satins looked less than riche considering their formidable prices but I have to say the scarf/sash thing is wonderful even though I have this nightmare of how it will look hanging on a rail in a store. Yes I loved the animal prints even the furs… but I just can’t shake that I wish I could see this collection without all the bells and whistles or possibly it is the bells and whistles that make it stand out in the crows of sameness
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge
I was oohing and fawning over that first collection Jones did for Dior and now I am at odds as to what I think with this collection as a whole. The animal print “slickers and coats stand out in my mind as does the, I think, guipure lace bomber and the jacquard tone on tone animal print shirtings. As for the so called collaboration it is who cares for me and I can’t see what it added to the collection!

1 comment:

  1. have to say overall I liked this very much. I thought it look rich and somewhat fluid! Granted the styling was heavy handed but despite that my eyes were not popping out from the horror of many of the other collections

    ReplyDelete