Thursday, February 14, 2019

Marc Jacobs fall 2019 NYFW


Can you give me a hallelujah?  The longest NYFW is finally over ... I hope!
click image to enlarge
I can’t say it ended with a thud but then again I’m not sure what it ended with other than a study in volumes; lots of coats, capes, jackets, party dresses, plumage and sequins. At best I might say it’s a bouillabaisse of fashion looks. They ranged from the most boring and pedestrian to the outrageous.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge
The take away is simply who and what is Marc Jacobs? Yes, we know it’s always the emperor’s new clothes each season and yet this season looked to be tamed down, if you can believe that. There were definitely some wearable pieces, the Katy Grand styling is getting a bit tired and there seems to be some undercurrent of 40s retro and of course some 70s and then a little homage to Pierpaolo.
click image to enlarge
I have rarely if ever understood neither his clothes nor their importance but this season… what I can say is that they must be wildly expensive, at least the ones that anyone will want, and once again I say “where’s the beef?”
click image to enlarge

PS>>> can  someone explain to me the hem of the yellow gown ..it looks like it must be made from yellow oil cloth.. the kind that was used for kid’s raincoats!

No comments:

Post a Comment