Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Dries van Noten Spring 2016 PFW



Here’s what I know about Dries van Noten: he is a textile guy, he loves and adores fabric and color, he has a cult following, he is his own trend and he has no illusions about being a mega brand. What I see in this collection is the exquisite workmanship, the lightest of touch, the lushness of pattern and color mixes and his fiercely independent spirit that remains his alone.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge



I cannot pretend to be a fan, but my eyes see beauty in these clothes. There is the art and craft of fashion that delivers a collection which speaks to the Dries client. No question, she has an artsy propensity but she loves fashion and she loves to be comfortable. My visual assessment also tells me that Dries knows his client and customer and yes some will want the look and some will crave a piece or 2 to add to their ever expanding collection.

 
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

My point is what will most see when they view the collection other than what they read or are told by a press release? I am not interested in inspirations and all that blah blah blah; I want to see beautifully made and rendered clothes which may or may not be to my taste but that I can truly understand their appeal as fashion. Yes in other words...  a designer who designs, a designer not chasing trends and editorials and maybe most of all a designer who doesn’t waiver from who he is and what he does.
click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge



Okay, so yes there are pieces I think are just perfection but my vision and abilities only allow me to see this collection as pieces. Again, I am quite taken with the appearance that most of these clothes are weightless no matter the fabrications or embellishments. If I could say one negative here it would be I detest the shoes but that’s all I will share.

No comments:

Post a Comment