Monday, February 17, 2014

Meet Philipp Plein .. Milan Collections fall 2014


Fall fashion for 2014 continues. New York, London, Milan and lastly Paris are the notable destinations. My next focus will be Milan and the next series of subjects are, well, 3 of them directly related to the world of Italian fashion and one who is a master artisan and would fit into any fashion capital of the world.
art by Mahyar Kalantari

 

Today the focus is on Philipp Plein, the designer of his eponymous brands. Mr. Plein has taken the United States and world by storm with this own brand of confidence and some would say hubris. He has bucked the usual slow blend acceptance into the fashion culture and has arrived with the force of a 7.0 earthquake, aftershocks included! One might go far as to say he “blitzed’ us and has been lucky/forceful enough to make everyone  sit up and take notice. This is a designer who unapologetically has his own mind set when it comes to fashion and is surely not shy about “spreading the gospel according to Plein!” Think … advertising, editorials, retail distribution including wholly owned boutiques and showrooms in all of the fashion capitals!


 

Philipp is as current and au courant as today’s new paper and without question, he bucks no interference on his path and quest for international presence and recognition. In short, he is a fashion maverick/juggernaut with the means to accomplish all of his goals. He is a force to be reckoned with on all accounts and we haven’t seen the likes of him in decades.


 

Lucky enough to catch him in between his men’s collection and just before the presentation of ladies’ collection in Milan... here he is …….

What is the most treasured possession in your wardrobe?

My croco jacket.

What is your guilty secret?

It’s a secret ;)

Where is your ideal home?

It’s my house in Cannes, best place to relax .

If you could not be a designer/retailer/etc.: what would you be

I can see myself only in an art-related job, I don´t like to follow rules and only art let you do it.

What is on your bedside table right now?

The picture of my son, Romeo.

What do you wear to bed?

My PHILIPP PLEIN underwear.

What if any, book are you reading now or last read?

My favourite book is the art of war. I keep reading it, and every time I learn something new.

1What’s your advice to the “newcomer?”

Believe in what do you do.

In 3 words or less, describe the current state of fashion.

Static, till I come over!

If you were a retailer, would you wear your own designs or shop in your own store? or where would you shop?

 Of course I would wear PHILIPP PLEIN: when I design my men collection I always think about myself. I like Tom Ford as well.

If you won a $200,000,000 power ball (lottery), what is the first thing you would buy or do?

Maybe a helicopter!

1If you could invite up to 4 people for dinner, who would they be…dead or alive?

Cindy Crawford, Iggy Pop

What’s your take on magazines, books versus the internet?

Absolutely magazines and books.

What and where is your favorite meal?

Cipriani´s Meringa cake.

www.philipp-plein.com

No comments:

Post a Comment