Thursday, February 28, 2013

Melange du jour Paris Collections fall 2013



As far as I am concerned, the only review that warrants or is interesting to devote a full article to has been done this morning.  Today was a day of disappointment and more of the same except for that brief moment this morning.  So here goes with a “mélange” of reviews that cover the day.

Balmain is about ready to give up the look; we get the point!  Time to move on from the heavy embroidery, the hair grazing length skirts and the draping.  Yes it was colorful but so is a swatch book.  And the hard tailoring with squared off shoulders was not the respite that was needed.

Lanvin, my biggest disappointment of the day with odd looking clothes and the insect theme didn’t do much to endear the collection to me.  Yes, it was quirky and yes it was often times clumsy and in my eye, very poorly styled.  There were a few true Lanvin pieces but overall … je ne suis pas heureux!

Rick Owen for me is just more of the same season after season with minor changes that seem to signal a new season.  Yes I know I am supposed to love it but I don’t and I can’t as I can’t wrap my head around women wanting to look like that unless they have something to hide.

Nina Ricci certainly wasn’t anything I can really speak about except it was a lot of clothes that at best looked weird to my eye.  I didn’t see the polish or the chic here and I seemed to keep feeling that the it was both fall and spring chez Ricci.





Carven was lots of the latest boxy looks but in pastels. Yes, I liked the zebra fabrications and loved the bambi print coat.  It would be hard to forget the series of dresses that seemed to light up but then again that sort of sums up my idea about my amnesia needed for the collection as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment