Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lanvin by Alber Elbaz resort 2014




Cher Alber,

I had to tell you that I really loved parts of the new collection and some parts I was very confused about but there was enough to love.  Cheri, you really must move on from the big gemstone embellishments as even Miuccia gave it up after only one season and here you are still doing it!  Entre nous... you do ie better!

So, Alber, I thought the collection was a study in contrasts from your signature Lanvin dresses to the simplest and cleanest of lines that date back to maybe when you were with Monsieur Beene.  You used so many colors, all beautiful, and so many looks were included, so many options that you made it difficult to find fault with the collection… n’est ce pas?



J’adore painted python and paisley, brights and whites and heels and flats; so many choices for your ladies.  For me, I might have left out the “earthy” flats and sneakers and perhaps would have used varying heel heights mais that is why you are the designer and just give opinions.



Maintenant, all of this said it could have been more beautiful; I miss the polish and the chic of the earlier collections a la the long parrot green gown which was exquisite.  Alber, please je vous en prie ….give up the hip hop jewelry, it is so tacky.

I hope I get to see your bow tied self in NYC sometime soon... We take a demi tasse and catch up...bisou bisou … a bientot …

Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment