Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ermenegildo Zegna by Stefano Pilati spring 2014



Dear Stefano,

Bravo!! Okay I will say it again … BRAVO!  I guess all things happen for a reason and here you are with your first collection for Ermenegildo Zegna and what a statement you have made!  My only reservation is that the palette looks a bit fallish and somber but the clothes are sublime. ... and proof positive one more time that "designers design."



I am so taken with this collection as there is such a great amount of nuance here and so much fashion but none of it slaps you in the face, you have to look for it.  I just adore the “crunched” cuff, the new take on a 2 button DB, some of the abbreviated jackets and the details that you have added and subtracted on the standby silhouettes.  I really think that you have found your home finally.

The fact that you did in no way obliterate the house DNA is more than honorable and that you have breathed a new chic into this more traditional brand is admirable.  Yes, I know that each season Zegna has been moving towards more of a fashion statement but for Spring you made it a headline collection.  You have shown what you are made of with this collection; I am just nuts for some of the jackets/outerwear, especially your take on a “safarien” and the way you executed your pocket treatments on the outerwear, even a couple of the coats are just lust worthy 




So Stefano, you have set the bar high for the season and I could not be happier for you and thank you for opening the season in Milan on such a high note.

Love to catch you when you are next in NYC...maybe a cappuccino at Nespresso...just a drive by a meet and greet...ciao ciao, kiss kiss and again B R A V O!!!!

Love
J

No comments:

Post a Comment