Saturday, June 1, 2013

Remembering Yves St Laurent ... deceased June 1, 2008



Today marks the fifth anniversary of one of the 20th century’s greatest and most enduring fashion personalities.  He was emblematic of the 70’s in every way and there shall never be another who will breathe what he did into the business of fashion. The loss is palpable for me … So, in celebration of his life and in remembrance of someone with whom I felt  I had such an odd affinity for




, I give you my “impossible conversation” with Yves…


1. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT STATE OF MIND?
Finallement, I am at peace, no nervous breakdowns, all the cigarettes I can smoke and one of my dearest friends has just arrived to stay with me
2. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PRESENT STATE OF FASHION?
Je suis desole... it is such a terrible thing that is going on...I was criticized to be too original and maintenant we have fools who copy and make bad clothes, ugly clothes, clothes for women with no taste.
3. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CELEBRITY/MODEL IDEA?
Oui, I had Zizi, and Catherine and so many, but they had style not like today. Today with these big breasts and big derrieres, too much maquillage and these so ugly shoes…like the shoes of Frankenstein and they cannot walk in them
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF REALITY STARS TURNED INTO STYLE ICONS?
Reality stars for me were Lou Lou, Nan, and Betty and Marina, and Clara ..these girls they worked and they had taste and they had style and panache. Already, this is very different from today with ugly women such as the Kar…Karcas….merde…Kardashians! Ooh la la quelle monstres! Quelle horreurs! Comme les prostituées
5. WHO ARE YOU SORRY YOU MISSED DURING YOUR CAREER?
I am sorry not to have seen Alber have his signature known to the world, I saw the best, I worked amongst the best coutouriers in the world … I miss my ateliers, “mes femmes” ah yes Monsieur McQueen..pauvre homme
6. WHAT’S YOUR ADVICE TO NEW TALENT?
Observe all around you, find peace, find your look and fit, be the best you can be and do not worry like I worried all the time
7. WHAT WAS YOUR CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT?
When I met Pierre and it was he who made my glorious life possible, all the riches, all the objets, the travel, my homes and then I say my talent was my best friend and my worst enemy. Rive Gauche, Opium, couture, le smoking tous mes amies
8. WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE CHANGED ABOUT YOUR CAREER PATH?
I would have hoped to be less anxious, less nervous and more strong…not so much as a sick little boy who had to always have a protector mais un reve….but peut etre, then maybe I would not have had Pierre, so maybe I change nothing
9. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE DESIGNER?
J’adore Dior, Balenciaga and some Armani un peu…Alexander McQueen, he was fearless in his design
10 .WITH WHOM WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPLIT A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE? NAME ONE OR MORE
I want to be with Pierre again and Lou Lou, who has already arrived, and Betty , Nan, Marina, Clara, Thadee, Francois and Madame Vreeland ,who is running around painting everything red, and then I must locate Monsieurs Dior et Balenciaga, and maybe Karl and I will be friends again as we once were. Quel soiree!
11. WHO DO YOU THINK “BORROWED” FROM YOUR WORK MOST SUCCESSFULLY?
The American boy, Michael Kors, he has a good touch, he understands elegance and chic and sometimes, I even like that Marc Jacobs boy mais only a moment or two
12. WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO MENTOR IN THIS GENERATION?
Alexis Mabille, le garcon from Paris. Je pense que he have something that needs to be shaped and made perfect, right now he is sampling ..testing
13. DO YOU THINK FASHION IS TAKEN TOO SERIOUSLY?
La mode is very serious…much money is spent in its creation and by those who wear it…I am sorry that so many “createurs” need so many words to explain the clothes...Pourquoi les mots? …the clothes should speak and the designer speak through the clothes not with a book ,Fashion is a business and an art
14. WHO DO YOU THINK HAS LITTLE TALENT AS A DESIGNER?
Je deteste Tom Ford, the gauche Caten twins, the D Squared reines, all these designers who are not designers but media makes them famous and they have no talent …there are beaucoup!
15. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME BACK IN A SECOND LIFE?
SIMPLEMENT ….Moujik!

No comments:

Post a Comment